Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Plaque

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!
...and I LOVE it!

I am trying to stay focused this year.

Focused on the true reason for our celebrations.

I thought this would be a good way to keep that
focus front and center in our home.

(This would also be so so cute with a family picture!
I'm going to try that after the holidays.)

I started with my picture.  Mine was just an old Christmas Card that I cut the front off of.  I used Modge Podge to adhere it to a piece of wood that was cut to the same size as the picture. 
This gives the whole thing some cool dimension.
 


Next I found an old frame and replaced the
glass with a piece of beadboard.

Then comes the paint.

I used a cream color first, and then I brushed on this fun glaze that I found at Home Depot.  It gives it a shiny, pearly look that I love!

Last step...just glue the picture onto the frame.

 

Now it REALLY looks alot like Christmas!



2 comments:

matkaparivar.in said...

REALLY NICE BLOG THANKS SIR FOR CREATING THIS BLOG SUCH A AWESOME KEEP POSTING

Drain Cleaning Portland said...

Hi nice reading your postt