Monday, October 10, 2011

Too Cute To Spook!!

This trio of ghosts was so fun to create!
{Maybe because my little ones were EXTRA involved in the process...
which always makes for an adventure.}

Here is what you need for the ghosts:

White Felt
Black Buttons
Black Embroidery Floss/Needle
Stuffing

 
Draw up a pattern any shape you want.  Mine were pretty big and each filled up a piece of copy paper.  I didn't have room to draw the bottom piece on the paper, so I left room on the material to cut it out.
See how I left some extra material when I cut the bottoms? 
You will need that to tie your bow around.
Next step....embroidery a simple smile and add some button eyes. 
Now, haul out the sewing machine....get the kids situated on your lap (because you know as soon as you fire that baby up, that is where they want to be)...and sew around the ghosts, right sides together, leaving the bottom open.   

Turn right side out, and stuff. 

Now you need to make some stands.  I used a small square of wood that I drilled a hole in, inserted a dowel, and painted black  I cut my dowels different lengths so the ghosts are at various heights. 

Put your dowel up through the bottom of the ghost, and tie with a big burlap bow!




14 comments:

Crafty Mischief said...

I love your little felt ghosts! I saw them featured on The Idea Room. Thanks for sharing!

Sue @ Chocolate Cake Moments said...

Way too adorable!

Unknown said...

These ghosts are awesome. Our almost three year old grandson would love them! He is a ghost for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I found them on pinterest! What a fun Halloween idea!

Kate said...

These are irresistible!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

Deborah Jennings said...

These remind me of the ghosties in the movie Casper. Not Casper, but his 3 brothers. Or was it cousins? Anyway they are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh i love them ! Thank you very much for this !
Have a sweet evening

Anonymous said...

Esta muy bonito y creativo gracias
Y

Anonymous said...

These are super easy to make, I will make them next week and give away as gift. Thank you for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable! did you make the burlap ribbon or buy it? how wide is the ribbon? Thanks so much for sharing!

Bekka said...

Love!! Those are so simple and TOO CUTE!!!

Margaret said...

I saw these ghosts in a fabric store in San Antonio! You're ghosts sure do get around!

Kate said...

Oh my, these are just too cute for words!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Laura Prascher said...

Adorable!!! Just wanted to let you know that I included this in my roundup of cute ghost ideas and products. Thanks!! http://theroadtocrazy.blogspot.com/2014/10/31-days-of-halloween-2014-day-21-50.html